The first historical sources mentioning the Serena family date back as far as to 1390 and locate it in Venice. Now the family resides in Treviso, where Pietro, the company’s founder, was born in 1839. In 1881, in Crocetta, he built his first winery, producing and storing wine in oak tree barrels. In 1967 the company moved to Susegna, where its seat is located today.
In the 1990s the company began searching for new technological solutions, investing large sums in metal kegs and manufacturing lines for Bibs, the cardboard-stored wines, becoming a global leader in the latter segment. Currently, apart from kegs and bibs, the company also manufactures bottled wines.
In sum, Terra Serena has for over a century been an important element of the winemaking landscape of Treviso, celebrating its 130th anniversary in 2011. The Treviso Trade Chamber awarded it with a „Historical Italian Company” title.